You are invited to participate in a workshop on effective debriefing for international volunteers, development and mission workers. The training will be delivered by Debbie Hawker (http://www.resilientexpat.co.uk/DrDebbieHawker.html), a clinical psychologist offering services to development workers and humanitarian personnel and a leading world expert in this field.
The workshop is a practical, full day session which will provide a solid foundation of knowledge and tools for those who debrief people after an international assignment, or after a stressful or traumatic event. There will be the opportunity to practice through role-play and feedback.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Be able to differentiate between different types of debriefing.
- Know the steps of critical incident debriefing and routine personal debriefing, for individuals and groups.
- Be aware of the effectiveness of debriefing, and of what to avoid to ensure that debriefing does not have a negative effect.
- Be able to recognise signs of stress and trauma and know when, how and where to refer personnel for further help.
- Have increased their knowledge of stress management strategies and of how to help people identify the strategies which work for them.
- Be aware of cross-cultural issues which should be considered in relation to debriefing.
- Know how to take care of themselves and deal with their own stress.
Venue: Carmelite Centre, 56 Aungier Street Dublin 2
Dates/Times: 29th of May 2018 / 9.30 – 4.30
Cost: €55 per person
Certification: A certificate of attendance will be provided to participants who attend the full training workshop.
Please contact Sandra firstname.lastname@example.org/ 01 4783490 if you require any further information.
Places are limited so early booking is advisable